Kokoro Care Packages Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- ELIGIBILITY:The Kokoro Care Package (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of (i) the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, eighteen years of age or older; or (ii) Japan, twenty years of age or older. Employees of JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles and DENTSU ENTERTAINMENT USA, INC. or other companies associated with the promotion of the Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, local, and Japanese laws and regulations and is void in Rhode Island, Puerto Rico and where prohibited.
- SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles (the “Sponsor”). All Sweepstakes/promotions/giveaways are in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other social media platforms. You understand that you are not interacting with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or other social platforms. By participating in any Sweepstakes, giveaway or promotion run by the Sponsor, you release Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social platforms and their affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any claims or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 00:01 Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT") and ends Saturday, September 30, 2023, 23:59 PDT (the “Entry Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified. All postmarked entries must be postmarked on or before September 30, 2023, and must be received on or before October 5, 2023 at 23:59 PDT. Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are two ways to enter. You may enter by EITHER option below:
a. Enter on Instagram by:
(1) Following the @japanhousela Instagram account;
(2) Like the Sweepstakes announcement post on Instagram; and
(3) Comment under the announcement post with the white heart emoji, ♡
b. Enter via mail, by:
Mail a postcard with your name, address, phone number, and email address with a note referencing the Kokoro Care Packages, to JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles, Attn: PR & Marketing Department, 6801 Hollywood Blvd. Suite 205, Los Angeles, CA 90028 . Upon receipt of the mail-in entry, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes and your email address will be added to the JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles Newsletter subscribers list. All mail-in entries must be hand-printed.
Limit of one entry per person and any entries attempted through the use of agencies, or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar methods, or through the use of fraudulent email accounts are prohibited and will not be accepted. No copies, facsimiles, or reproductions will be accepted. Entries will be disqualified if they contain any inappropriate material or language including profanity, to be determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
By entering the Sweepstakes, and/or posting a Post, you grant Sponsor and its designees to use the Post, including but not limited to distribute, publish, re-post, or otherwise promote the Post.
- DRAWING(S):Potential winner(s) will be selected in random drawing(s), with the intention of using a random name picker application, held on or around October 10, 2023 from all eligible entries received for that Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place from the remaining entries, utilizing the same criteria.
- REQUIREMENTS OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: A potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within five (5) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place using the same criteria as above. Winners are request to do the following once receiving the prize, but are not required to. If a winner elects to do the below they also grant the Sponsor a license to use the image and caption or photographs provided, and the winner represents that he/she has the right to provide the image and likeness.
a. On Instagram:
(1) Post image of the prize and caption of which is their favorite snack on their Instagram feed;
(2) Tag Instagram accounts: JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles (@japanhousela) and Kokoro Care Packages (@kokorocares).
b. By e-mail:
(1) Take image of the prize and write which is their favorite snack;
(2) Send e-mail to email@example.com;
(3) JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles (@japanhousela) will post image and caption on their Instagram feed.
Posts submitted for the Sweepstakes may not be, at any time, used by Entrants to promote or advertise any product or event, whether commercial or otherwise. Posts may not contain or be connected with any obscene, blasphemous, libelous, offensive, pornographic, political, religious, or otherwise unlawful or inappropriate material or activity. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries and remove submissions/photos that contain, or are connected with, any such material or activity, without prejudice to any other action that may be taken in connection with such submission.
- PRIZES: There will be five winners, who will receive JAPANESE SNACKS AND SWEETS: “Raku” Care Package by Kokoro Care Packages.
Each prize has a retail value of approximately $72.50. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Prizes may be reported as income to a winner and the winner will be responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes), if any, associated with the receipt of a prize.
Specifically, by entering the Sweepstakes, you understand and agree that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, and Sponsor’s licensees, successors, and assigns shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, your Post, entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Sweepstakes, promotion or giveaway, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent, and as may be edited as deemed by Sponsor. You hereby agree to waive irrevocably all moral rights of whatever nature in your Post including but not limited to your photograph, title and description of the work which you provided for the entry.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to threaten, annoy, harass, bother or otherwise disrupt any other person. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent, officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors that may prevent an entrant from submitting an entry; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
The Released Parties shall not be liable to winners or to any other person for failure to supple the prizes or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of Gods, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or requests(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or any other cause beyond the Release Parties’ control.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. You irrevocably accept and submit to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
- CONTEST RESULTS AND OFFICIAL RULES: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles, Attn: PR & Marketing Department, 6801 Hollywood Blvd. Suite 205, Los Angeles, CA 90028. Vermont residents may omit postage for the self-addressed envelope. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period. For a copy of the Official Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked “Official Rules Kokoro Care Packages” for receipt.