JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles is beginning a phased reopening of its second and fifth-floor spaces taking careful measures to ensure the safety of its visitors and staff by following guidelines set by the city, state, and federal health officials. The second-floor doors will open from Monday, April 5 at 11:00 AM (PDT).
- Level 2 | Gallery
Hours: Daily 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Holidays: Academy Awards weekend
(April 23, 5:00 PM - April 25, 5:00 PM)
Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
Free Admission: Timed Ticket Reservation and Walk-Ins accepted
- Level 5 | Library, Salon & Restaurant
TBD. Announcements will be made appropriately.
Make a Reservation
Priority will be given to guests who have booked their visit, while guests without a booking are also welcome based on available capacity and following the guidelines outlined below. Each reservation welcomes a total of 5 guests per group.
Please refrain from visiting JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles if you or someone you have been in close contact has tested positive or experienced COVID-19 symptoms within 2 weeks. These symptoms include fever, chills, coughing, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, runny nose, muscle pain, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or loss of smell or taste. Please refer to the County of Los Angeles guideline for further information.
Enhanced measures are placed to protect the health and safety for all visitors, employees, and the community.
All visitors must follow the below steps to enter JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles:
* Children 2 years of age or older must wear masks.
JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles has implemented the below measures in its spaces:
- Increased sanitization and deep cleaning of gallery installations and fixtures.
- Set maximum capacity of a total of 16 visitors at a time to maintain social distancing.
- Minimized exhibition touchpoints.
- Fixed a one-way viewing path to minimize the crossing of visitors’ paths.
- Maximized air circulation by opening additional doors that are usually closed.
- Placed multiple touchless sanitization stations throughout the space.
- Implemented a “no large luggage” and “no food and beverage” rule to eliminate contact between visitors and staff.
GBAC Star™ Accreditation
JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles has received Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation awarded to facilities that demonstrate the most stringent standard of cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention protocols.
COVID-19 Disclaimer: JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles has implemented required safety precautions and best practices to reduce the transmission of COVID-19. However, even if all protocols are followed it does not eliminate the inherent risk of potential exposure to COVID-19 in public spaces. By visiting JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles, you voluntarily assume all risks associated with exposure to COVID-19.