#TinyArchitect - Architecture is Everywhere Social Media Contest Official Rules
#TinyArchitect - Architecture is Everywhere
Social Media Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: The #TINYARCHITECT – ARCHITECTURE IS EVERYWHERE (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of (i) the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, eighteen years of age or older; or (ii) Japan, twenty years of age or older. Employees of JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles; Sou Fujimoto Architects; and DENTSU ENTERTAINMENT USA, INC. or other companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to federal, state, local, and Japanese laws and regulations and is void in Rhode Island, Puerto Rico and where prohibited.
- SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles and Sou Fujimoto Architects (the “Sponsor”).
All contests/promotions/giveaways are in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other social media platforms. You understand that you are not interacting with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or other social platforms. By participating in any contest, giveaway or promotion run by the Sponsor you release Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social platforms and their affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any claims or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins on Thursday, September 24, 2020 at 00:01 Pacific Daylight Savings Time (“PDT”) and ends Thursday, November 5, 2020, 23:59 Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) (the “Entry Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified. All postmarked entries must be postmarked on or before November 5, 2020, and must be received on or before November 5, 2020 at 23:59 PST. Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are two ways to enter. You may enter by EITHER option below:
a. Enter via social media, on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter platforms by:
(1) Like and Follow a JHLA social media page where the entry will be made on Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter;
(2) Post a photograph of a small figure next to a ordinary object with a title and description of the work in English (“Post”);
(3) Tag the Post with @JapanHouseLA on Facebook and Instagram, or @JHLosAngeles on Twitter ; and
(4) Hashtag the Post with both #TinyArchitect #JapanHouseLA;
b. Enter via mail, by:
Mail a photograph of miniature architecture with a title and description of the work in English, and include your name, age, address, contact phone, and email address, to JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles, Attn: PR & Marketing Department, 6801 Hollywood Blvd. Suite 167, Los Angeles, CA 90028 ]. Upon receipt of the mail-in entry, you will receive one (1) entry into the Contest. All mail-in entries must be hand-printed.
There is no limit on the number of entries per person, but there may only be one entry per day, and any entries attempted through the use of agencies, or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar methods, or through the use of fraudulent email accounts are prohibited and will not be accepted. No copies, facsimiles, or reproductions will be accepted. Entries will be disqualified if they contain any inappropriate material or language including profanity, to be determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
By entering the Contest, and/or posting a Post, you grant Sponsor and its designees to use the Post, including but not limited to distribute, publish, re-post, or otherwise promote the Post.
- JUDGING: On or about November 14, 2020, the Sponsor will review all of the entries received. Winning entries will be picked from overall submissions across all platforms. Entries will be assessed based on creativity, taking into account, among other factors, the overall appearance, originality, artistic design, detail, and creative input of each entry. The three potential winners will receive private messages via Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter platform and be asked for their personal email addresses. Potential winners will also be asked to submit their original photograph, or the highest image quality of the photograph. The judge’s decision shall be final. No correspondence will be entertained regarding the judge’s decision. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place from the remaining entries, utilizing the same criteria.
- REQUIREMENTS OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: A potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within five (5) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place using the same criteria as above. Images submitted for the Contest may not be, at any time, used by Entrants to promote or advertise any product or event, whether commercial or otherwise. Posts may not contain or be connected with any obscene, blasphemous, libelous, offensive, pornographic, political, religious, or otherwise unlawful or inappropriate material or activity. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries and remove submissions/photos that contain, or are connected with, any such material or activity, without prejudice to any other action that may be taken in connection with such submission.
- PRIZES: There will be three winners, all of whom will be announced through a congratulatory video message from architect, Sou Fujimoto. This prize has no retail value. Of the three winners, there will be one grand prize winner, whose Post photograph will be turned into a short animated video, with a retail value of approximately $100. The second and third place winners will receive a poster in a digital format of the Post photograph, with a retail value of approximately $50 each. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Prizes may be reported as income to a winner and the winner will be responsible for all taxes associated with the receipt of a prize.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to threaten, annoy, harass, bother or otherwise disrupt any other person. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent, officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors that may prevent an entrant from submitting an entry; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. The Released Parties shall not be liable to winners or to any other person for failure to supple the prizes or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of Gods, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or requests(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the actions(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or any other cause beyond the Release Parties’ control.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. You irrevocably accept and submit to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
- CONTEST RESULTS AND OFFICIAL RULES: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles, Attn: PR & Marketing Department, 6801 Hollywood Blvd. Suite 167, Los Angeles, CA 90028. Vermont residents may omit postage for the self-addressed envelope. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period. For a copy of the Official Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked “Official Rules #TINYARCHITECT – ARCHITECTURE IS EVERYWHERE Contest” for receipt.